Anonymous asked: That bill against captivity is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard - like actually THE STUPIDEST! The orca WILL die like Keiko did. Idiots.
If that’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever heard then I’m assuming you live a very sheltered life. Here’s a list of some of the most ridiculous (although I’m going to use the word horribly absurd as I think this is what you’re getting at here) things I’ve heard very recently - if I was to list the most ridiculous things I’d ever come across we’d be here for years, literally:
1. A plane, with 239 passengers, is currently missing and has been for 3 days.
2. Women are still treated as lesser beings than men across the world.
3. There are laws in the world that condemn homosexuals to life in prison and/or death for simply being homosexual.
4. Sharks over 3m long are being slaughtered off the coast of Western Australia to make the waters safer for humans.
5. People still believe Obamacare is a bad thing for America.
So, this bill is most certainly not the most ridiculous thing ever - and that’s not something I’m even up for discussing.
Now, Keiko died. All whales do. So yes, technically you are right. All released whales will die. However, had Keiko remained in Mexico he would have been dead within months. His release extended his life by years. He died of pneumonia - something many wild males die of. And he was just shy of the average age for wild orca males. Him not reaching this average most probably had to do with the fact he spent so much of his life in a captive environment. What’s most important though is that Keiko lived out the rest of his life free and happy.